ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A ribbon cutting ceremony was held Saturday at the new Dash Park on Onalaska's Main Street that featured a reading from a well known local.
The ceremony had music from the Onalaska High School Jazz Band, talks from Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen, and others. Dave and Barb Skogen -- who spearheaded the creation of the park -- also spoke at the event.
The poem reads, in part, "He noted that first came the date of her birth, and spoke the following date with tears. But he said what matters most of all was the dash between those years, for that dash represented all the time she spent on Earth. "
The Skogens say the poem is about "How we live and love, and how we spend out dash."
- La Crosse Center board members hope to overturn mayor's veto
- Statewide alert sent out for man missing from Tomah VA
- Missing Town of Campbell man found safe
- Police make arrest in Bangor home invasion, attacks
- UPDATE: Two escaped Wisconsin inmates captured
- Pawz Academy teaches kids about animals
- La Crosse receives Wisconsin Active Together award
- Groundbreaking for Eagle Crest South expansion
- Utility buys Wisconsin land for substation to power Foxconn
- Documents detail journey of woman accused of slaying husband