HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - The 2nd annual Summer Splash was held Saturday morning at the Holmen Aquatic Center.
The event was started by Holmen High School student and log rolling instructor Livi Pappadopoulos, who saw a need in a sports-scene she says in booming.
"I had a lot of kids who were doing a great job in class, but they were just starting, and they had to go up against kids who were really experienced with years under their belt. And they weren't getting that confidence right off the bat, and I wanted to provide an opportunity for them, so they could get that confidence under their wing."
23 rollers competed in three age groups in the growing tournament -- up from the 16 competitors who joined last year's tournament.
To find a log rolling teacher near you, you can visit www.couleeregionlogrolling.com.
- Bicyclist hit by drunk driver in Brice Prairie brings remains of bike to safety meeting
- Man accused of sex trafficking in 9 states
- Governor Walker announces the Toro Company expansion in Tomah
- La Crosse school bus drivers train on new obstacle course
- Local school districts focus on safety and security at football games
- Holmen American Legion prepares for annual Kornfest celebration
- State Bank Financial celebrates 160th anniversary
- Coins for Conservation helps air travelers help Mississippi Valley Conservancy
- La Crosse Common Council members discuss City Hall safety
- La Crosse Mayor discusses city with business owners