BERTRAM, Iowa (AP) - Authorities have identified the 60-year-old man who died after crashing his bicycle in eastern Iowa.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says Charles Cephas Peal of Bertram, Iowa, died after the bicycle crash around 9 p.m. Friday.
Peal was riding down a steep hill when he fell off the bike. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say the man was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
- Big Changes Coming for Fixed Boathouses
- Kayak bass fishing tournament kicks off in La Crosse
- Company celebrates 150 years in Coulee Region
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Volunteers finish preparations for La Crosse's Dragon Boat Festival
- Project Homeless Connect event to provide resources for those in need
- Walker wants federal disaster declaration for NW Wisconsin
- St. Paul to begin confiscating dockless scooters
- Wisconsin community seeks solution after string of suicides
- Winona Police warn residents of IRS scam