LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - On Sunday, the La Crosse Center hosted the National Lutheran Choral Festival.
The festival celebrated it's 50th anniversary with more than 500 students involved. Students came from 21 different high schools all across the country.
Those running the event say it is all about tradition and sharing a message.
"I think the word 'heritage' probably sums it up best. It really is a heritage of these area Lutheran high schools every other year getting together for a national event and now it's also the heritage of God's word and being able to share that message with others," said Luther High School principal Paul Wichmann.
The Choral festival will be next be held in La Crosse in 2032.
- Kendhammer attorneys could appeal, request new trial
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man in custody
- La Crosse's mayor responds to council overrriding his veto
- Local cancer patients, families receive personalized quilts
- 'Drive sober or get pulled over' campaign kicks off
- City of La Crosse to consider history, cultural museum
- Car ends up in river near Blackhawk Park in De Soto
- Colgan Air in La Crosse celebrates new addition
- Rotary Lights in need of donated ice skates
- New Wisconsin law allows Paramedics, EMT's to provide care in home