LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - CenturyLink is transitioning its Consumer CARE Contact center in La Crosse from an inbound contact center to a virtual sales team in February. Fifty positions are impacted by this decision.
The following is a statement from CenturyLink representative Mark Molzen:
"CenturyLink, as all businesses, continually evaluates its cost structure and business practices and adjusts its operations to meet the needs of the business and its customers. After careful consideration, CenturyLink has decided to transition the Consumer CARE Contact center in La Crosse, Wisconsin from an inbound contact center to a virtual sales team effective February 12, 2018. Eligible employees will transfer to VST (work from home) positions."
Also according to Molzen, there are no plans to close the CenturyLink building in downtown La Crosse.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse sending 40 youth to Washington, D.C.
- Local officials recommend alternative routes during road repairs
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Gubernatorial candidate stopped in La Crosse Sunday
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- Mild winter means uptick in mosquitoes in Wisconsin
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.