LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - La Crescent's Applefest started Thursday ahead of a weekend of events.
And what better way to celebrate than with some homemade apple pie.
Volunteers at Crucifixion School in La Crescent once again baked 4-hundred pies.
About 50 volunteers made the crusts in advance and started putting the pies together Thursday morning.
"It's a very nice product for the community, we're helping celebrate Applefest, people enjoy having pies at Applefest to entertain family, friends. It's just a nice apple product," said Crucifixion School Apple Pie Bake chair Rosanne Buehler.
Unfortunately, if you are looking for pies for this year's event, you are out of luck, all pies have already been sold.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DNA on discarded cigarette leads to homicide charges
- Minnesota unemployement rate holds steady, 7,400 jobs added in October
- Report: Wisconsin taxes have dropped over past 2 decades
- Person rescued after falling through thin ice in Monroe County
- Pence to visit Wisconsin, Indiana next week
- UPDATE: Rose Street fire was condemned property
- NFL moves Green Bay-San Francisco into prime time on Nov. 24
- More than 11 rescued from Upper Red Lake ice floe
- Deputy charged with misconduct, marijuana possession
- GET breaks ground on new performing arts center