LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local group is trying to get people fit by getting them to workout on the beach.
3 Rivers Nutrition hosts a one-hour "fit camp" every Saturday morning at Black River Beach Community Center. The four week body weight exercise challenge is being held on the Black River beach.
The idea of the camp is to get people in the coulee region healthy. All ages and fitness levels are encouraged to attend.
"It's really important to help people live a healthy, active lifestyle, so we really try to promote that," Ben Lasche, a personal health and wellness coach, said. "And I think when you have a group of people that are continuously getting together doing healthy active things, it's a lot easier to maybe get up off the couch and get out there and get active with other people.”
The classes will be held all summer long, weather permitting
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Breast density notice bill headed to Wis. governor
- Wetland bill heading to Gov. Walker's desk