LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Oktoberfest may be more than six months away, but it's never too early to get in the festing spirit.
The 2018 Oktoberfest button design was unveiled Thursday at the 5th annual 'Forks and Corks' fundraiser.
This year's design follows the theme of 'Polka, Pretzels and Prost' and was created by Kyle Bruenig who submitted a button design for the first time this year.
He says the shape of the button actually reminded him of a beer belly so he designed the button to look like someone wearing lederhosen.
"I always think about lederhosen and dirndls and all that good stuff and it really brings a lot of joy to the whole community of La Crosse, so I wanted to keep it fun and light," said Bruenig.
Mark your calendars, the 58th annual Oktoberfest begins on September 27th.
- Man arrested after firing gun outside French Island apartment building
- National opioid crisis continues but local numbers show progress
- Temporary teaching permit aims to fill need for substitute teachers
- Fire out at site of oil refinery explosion in Superior
- La Crosse police search for two men in antique jewelry theft
- ‘Parents Who Host Lose the Most' campaign kicks-off in La Crosse
- Square foot gardening kits sold in La Crosse
- Middle school students in La Crosse learn about technical careers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 26, 2018
- Hike through La Crosse marsh trails with your four-legged friends at ‘Tails for Trails'