LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It might be hard to think about fall when it feels like spring hasn't even started yet, but Oktoberfest officials are hoping to change that.
The 2017 Oktoberfest button design was unveiled earlier today at the fourth annual "Forks and Corks" fundraiser.
This year's button features the phrase "Prost to the Midwest Coast," with a character giving a toast in traditional Oktoberfest garb.
"Prost in German means cheers, so I figured having a figure giving a cheer would be an appropriate image," said button design contest winner David Riel. "I wanted to give it a bit of an old school feel, so I gave him an antique stein and traditional German lederhosen and hat."
This year's Oktoberfest only a little more than six months away. The 57th annual Fest will begin on September 28th.
- Holmen community launches 'Holmen Cares'
- La Crosse-based company to provide 2018 Super Bowl hotdogs
- Highway 16 lane closure begins Tuesday for storm sewer repairs
- Prairie du Chien's Antoine named to '18 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team
- Candidate for Wisconsin state Supreme Court visited La Crosse during MLK day
- Officials say Holmen apartment complex fire began inside car
- Rochester teenager shot, killed after crash, confrontation
- January 15: Cancellations and Delays
- La Crosse firefighters respond to trailer home fire
- Holmen addresses ongoing needs of residents displaced by fire