SCRANTON, Iowa (AP) - At least a couple of tornadoes have been spotted in Iowa as storms rake the state, including one near the west-central Iowa town of Scranton.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that spotters captured video of a tornado Wednesday afternoon touching down in a rural area near Scranton. And the National Weather Service says law enforcement reported a tornado near Eldora in north-central Iowa.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
News of the tornadoes came as the service issued a tornado warning for the area. The service also issued tornado watches for a swath of the state from around Fort Dodge southeast to the Illinois border.
- "This program absolutely saved my life" -- Local veteran talks about Exposure Therapy
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- Ramsey County attorney will reopen review of police shooting
- Tornado Watch for News 8 Viewing Area
- Job Fair provides opportunities for job seekers
- Here, Hear to bring local history alive for local students