BUFFALO CITY, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people were killed in an early morning trailer home fire in Buffalo County.
Police identified the deceased as Douglas Shawley, 30 and Genevieve Shawley, 2, both of Buffalo City.
It happened around 5 a.m. on Circle Drive along County OO in Buffalo City.
According to the Buffalo County Sheriff's Department, a deputy arrived on the scene within four minutes of the call and reported the back half of the trailer home was engulfed in flames.
A deputy reported a small explosion happened that believed could have been a propane tank. Deputies evacuated all surrounding homes until the Fire Department arrived.
Fire crews realized two family members were missing and later found they had succumbed to the smoke and fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation and deputies said the bodies were taken to Madison for an autopsy.
- "This program absolutely saved my life" -- Local veteran talks about Exposure Therapy
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- News 8 Highlight Zone - September 21, 2018
- Health officials urge parents to talk to kids about e-cigarettes as new ad campaign launches
- Boys & Girls Club opens new location in West Salem
- Warming Center looking for additional volunteers