WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The holiday season puts many people in a giving mood. That's why Merchants Bank in Winona is celebrating a "10 Days of Giving" food drive.
This is the 29th year the bank is holding the drive, which has raised more than 3 million pounds of food over the years.
All donations go to benefit the food shelf at Winona Volunteer services. The event runs through December 10th.
The Snow Village hours this week are 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Merchants Bank said many people are in need during this holiday season.
"They might be your neighbors. There might be somebody who's kind of down and out on their luck. There might be people who have a good job but kind of need that supplemental just kind of filling in the gaps. So this way we can make sure that all of our residents, from the youngest to the oldest, that they are well-fed this winter," said Jen Welch, the event and adventures coordinator at Merchants Bank, Jen Welch.
If you would like to donate, you can find the cash cans or food barrels located around Winona or you bring your donations to Merchants bank at 102 E. 3rd Street.
This story has been updated with new Snow Village hours.
- Domestic violence cases in La Crosse Co. on the rise
- Doctors say online opioid database is helping
- Gov. Walker announces welfare eligibility reform
- Winona man pleads no contest in death of his 3-year-old daughter
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- 'Hear, Here' project in downtown La Crosse looks to expand
- Sen. Baldwin seeking update to federal program helping insure farmers against price changes
- Missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter found safe in Madison
- Nick Foles and Case Keenum have strong career connections
- News 8 Sports Round Up - January 18, 2018