NEW LISBON, Wis. (WKBT) - One person has died in a hit and run accident Tuesday night in Juneau County..
The Juneau County Sheriff's Office received a call on December 12 at 9:24 p.m. about an accident on Highway 12 and Highway 16 in New Lisbon.
Police found a vehicle at Bader's West Trailer Park with a woman trapped in it. The woman, 36 from Kendall, was extricated from the car by the New Lisbon Fire Department and was brought to an area hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
A male, who police confirmed was the driver of the car, was also brought to a hospital for treatment.
The accident is under investigation by the New Lisbon Police Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, and Juneau County Sheriff's and Coroner's Office.
- Tornado Watch for News 8 Viewing Area
- Tomah VA mental health summit focuses on exposure therapy for veterans
- Skeletal remains found in Tomah
- Bon-Ton acquired by CSG Generation, may reopen stores in Wisconsin
- Motive unknown in Middleton office shooting; Officials update condition of victims
- 15-year-old arrested after teen was shot on metro bus full of students
- D.A. candidates discuss recall election, views on position
- Winona Health finalizes building plans with YMCA
- Job Fair provides opportunities for job seekers
- Here, Hear to bring local history alive for local students