WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - The June Dairy Days Association is bringing a new display to West Salem.
"The Flags of Honor" will open its display in West Salem Village Park this Friday through Sunday.
There will be 600 American flags and 10 flags for each branch of the military all expanding over a mile long.
People can sponsor a 'card' which will be displayed on a flag pole "In Remembrance" or "In Honor" of someone.
"This is actually the first time they've allowed the flags out of Minnesota, they've always traveled in Minnesota. So we asked for and received permission to do it in coordination with June Dairy Days so we're pretty excited to bring them," said June Dairy Days President Rita Schmitz.
It's $10 per card to honor someone. Proceeds from this event will be used by June Dairy Days for expenses related to the annual festival in two weeks.
For more information, visit the June Dairy Days website.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- High river may keep boats landlocked for Memorial Day Weekend
- Jake Patterson receives maximum sentence for murder, kidnapping
- UWL's Schreier jumps for gold at outdoor championships
- 97th Annual Memorial Day observance held at La Crosse Central
- Child who survived mall plunge undergoing further procedures
- POLICE: Victim refused treatment in shots fired incident on city's south side
- Wisconsin man pleads not guilty in fatal Girl Scouts crash
- Spike in underage drinking is expected this weekend
- Entire trail system opens at Kickapoo Valley Reserve
- Life jacket loaners available at selection boat landings along Mississippi River in Wisconsin