New community initiative created for businesses to ‘Check the Spread’ of COVID-19
La Crosse County Health Department partners with area organizations
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) – The La Crosse County Health Department (LCHD), along with community partners, is launching a new initiative inviting businesses to Check the Spread of COVID-19.
The Weber Group, Downtown Main Street Inc., La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce, La Crosse Area Development Corporation, La Crosse City/County Tavern League, Explore La Crosse, Mayo Clinic Health System and Gundersen Health System are teaming up with LCHD to help curb the spread of the virus in the community while inspiring consumer and customer confidence in local businesses.
Area businesses are asked to take the pledge to protect their patrons and employees through the following six practices:
- Require our staff to wear masks at all times, and post signage encouraging our customers to wear masks.
- Promote employee health by implementing a monitoring system for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each workday and require employees to remain at home when symptomatic (even if mild).
- Ask all customers who develop symptoms of COVID-19—or know they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19—to remain at home.
- Implement increased safe sanitation practices regularly by following the CDC guidelines for business.
- Ensure my place of business meets physical distance guidelines of six feet or more, and post signage encouraging that my customers observe physical distancing.
- Provide hand sanitizer at all entrances, and handwashing stations for my employees and customers.
Once a business makes the pledge, they will be listed on the website checkthespread.org for the public to see, they will receive a package of social and print media resources to help promote their business as well as resources for employees.
Customers or community members can also nominate a business that’s already taken protective measures.