Monroe County reports second COVID-19 death
SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) — A Monroe County man in his 70s has died from the novel coronavirus, becoming the second COVID-19 casualty in the county.
The man had been hospitalized, said a news release Tuesday from the Monroe County Health Department, which said no further information would be released out of respect for the man’s and his family’s privacy.
The health department also reported three new confirmed cases Tuesday, for a total of 228 confirmed cases. Two people remain hospitalized, while 177 have recovered and 6,456 have tested negative.
“We continue to take this virus seriously, and we ask that the community does so, too” said Sharon Nelson, the health department’s director/health officer. “While COVID-19 creates many difficulties and inconveniences for all of us, we ask that community members do their part to stop the spread. One death is simply one too many.”
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.