Mayo Clinic says donation drive for Afghans a success
LA CROSSE (WKBT) — Mayo Clinic Health System’s Stuff the Bus event to gather donations for Afghan refugees staying at Fort McCoy was a rousing success, the community engagement director said Wednesday.
“The response from our staff was fantastic,” said Teri Wildt, community engagement director. “We are now encouraging staff and others who want to support the guests at Fort McCoy to make a monetary donation to Catholic Charities.”
The personal care items, including clothing diapers and craft supplies, filled two vans for the Afghan guests. They were delivered to Catholic Charities for sorting and distribution.
Mayo Clinic staff are also volunteering to help sort items.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- Photos: Fort McCoy shares dining facility pics after report from refugee
- Holmen twins win third place on LEGO Masters
- COVID-related deaths in La Crosse County climbing again
- Operation Allies Welcome launches website to support Afghan refugees, inform Americans
- Two die in fiery crash near Sparta
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.