Man sentenced to 10 years for killing brother
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for killing his 43-year-old brother.
Forty-nine-year-old Antonio Clark pleaded guilty to second-degree, unintentional murder last week for the fatal shooting of Anthony Clark. The defendant declined to make a statement at his sentencing in Hennepin County Thursday.
Antonio Clark was prohibited from having a gun due to an earlier felony conviction. Judge Fred Karasov told him that if he had complied with that order, his brother would be alive.
A witness told investigators she heard the brothers arguing in the basement of a home Feb. 16 and then heard gunshots. Authorities say both brothers fired a gun. Antonio Clark was also struck by gunfire, but survived his wounds.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.