Man accused of attempted homicide in south side shooting bound over for trial
Police say victim is paralyzed and still hospitalized
A La Crosse man accused of shooting another man during a rap contest on Fifth Avenue earlier this month pleads not guilty Friday.
24-year-old Ellis Wilson was charged last week with attempted first-degree intentional homicide after police say he shot a man in the early morning of May 7th in the backyard of his home.
La Crosse Police Lieutenant Tim O’Neill testified today that the victim identified Wilson as the shooter.
Police officials also said the victim told police the pair got into a disagreement over a rap contest and Wilson pulled out a firearm and shot him.
Lieutenant O’Neill also testified the victim was shot in the abdomen and is now paralyzed from the waist down and remains in the hospital.
Judge Todd Bjerke did rule there was enough evidence to bind Wilson over for trial.
Wilson faces up to 71 years in prison if convicted of both charges.
Wilson is being held in the La Crosse County Jail on a 100-thousand-dollar cash bond.
He is scheduled to be back in court on May 29th.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.