Local woman being called a hero after she alerts homeowners of fire
LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) — One local woman is being called a hero after she may have saved the lives of two La Crescent citizens.
At around 7 p.m. Friday, a women was driving past the house on County Road 25 in La Crescent when she noticed the fire engulfing part of the house. She called 911 and then knocked on the door to notify the occupants, who were sleeping and unaware of the fire. All people involved made it out safely and there were no injuries.
Officials say the fire was caused by improper storage of ashes of a wood stove and that the fire was mainly contained to the garage.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.