Live-streaming set for Bishop Callahan’s Holy Week Masses
Many parishes also will live-stream liturgies
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) – Bishop William Callahan’s Holy Week Masses will be live-streamed diolc.org/live from the Cathedral of St. Joseph the Workman in La Crosse.
The bishop’s schedule is:
- Sunday, April 5: Passion (Palm) Sunday, 9:30 a.m. April 5
- Holy Thursday, April 9: Mass of the Lord’s Supper, 5 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 10: Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion, noon
- Saturday, April 11: Easter Vigil, 7 p.m.
- Easter Sunday, April 12: 9:30 a.m.Many parishes throughout the 19-county Diocese of La Crosse also will live-stream Holy Week liturgies because public Masses and other services are banned because of COVID-19. A list of those services is available on the diocese’s website diolc.org/parishes.
“This year, the priests of our diocese will celebrate the Mass without their congregations, and the faithful will be praying in their homes,” Callahan said. “It’s the ‘domestic church’ where we gather as family and offer our prayers together while we are apart.”
Media are encouraged to share and re-post all live and pre-recorded Masses found on our YouTube channel.
Live and prerecorded Sunday Mass is available via diolc.org, the diocesan YouTube channel, Facebook, and televised on the following channels:
- Eau Claire: Channel 18, 9:30 a.m. Sunday
- La Crosse: Channel 19, 9:30 a.m. Sunday
- Marshfield: Public Access: Channel 989, 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Sunday
- Stevens Point: Public Access Channel 984, noon and 5:30 p.m. Saturday
- Wausau: Cable and satellite Channel 12, 6:30 a.m. Sunday
- Wausau: Public access Channel 980, 6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday
- Wisconsin Rapids: Public Access Channel 985 and Channel 3, 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.