CHICAGO - A window washer was rescued after dangling off the side of a 58-floor high-rise in Chicago.
Around noon Tuesday, Chicago police and fire crews responded to calls for a rescue at 33 West Ontario.
A man became stuck on the 53rd floor of the building after one of the ropes securing him reportedly broke.
The Chicago Fire Department tossed the man additional rope from the roof, and held him securely as he walked up the side of the building.
The man made it safely to the roof with assistance from CFD.
- La Crosse County buildings, properties to go smoke-free starting this weekend
- Cher offers to pay for expenses for anyone who sues MMSD over recent employee firing
- VIDEO: La Crosse Center holds Public Input Session, video walk through
- Wisconsin students walk out to protest racial slur firing
- Pearl Street Brewery hosts retirement party for Brewmaster Randy Hughes
- University of Wisconsin sees decrease in enrollment
- Best selling author introduces La Crosse to 'cloud spotting'
- Safety reminders ahead of Halloween
- Four new Eagle Scouts honored at ceremony in Onalaska
- Study finds dog owners healthier than others