Ribeye Steaks with Blue Cheese Butter & Mushrooms
35 to 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Blue Cheese Butter:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks. Set aside.
2. Brush mushrooms with oil. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange mushrooms around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill mushrooms 16 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, combine Blue Cheese Butter ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 steaks, 4 mushrooms and 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Butter to use in Ribeye Steak Sandwiches. Spread remaining Blue Cheese Butter over remaining 2 steaks. Coarsely chop remaining 4 mushrooms; divide evenly among 4 plates. Carve steaks into slices; arrange evenly over mushrooms. Season with salt, as desired. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Ribeye Steak Sandwiches: Toast eight 1/2-inch thick slices olive bread. Spread 1 tablespoon leftover Blue Cheese Butter on 1 side of each bread slice. Carve leftover grilled steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Divide slices evenly among buttered sides of 4 bread slices.Top each with 1 leftover grilled mushroom. Divide 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach evenly over mushrooms. Close sandwiches with remaining bread slices, buttered sides down. Cut sandwiches in half; serve.
Margarita Beef with Orange Salsa
Makes 6 servings
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook. Carve into thin slices. Serve with orange salsa.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill