LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Dietitian’s Tip: This easy marinade is good on chicken, tofu, tempeh, pork and beef, and makes a great dip for kebabs. Serve shrimp over instant brown rice and stir fried vegetables
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add the shrimp; mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Coat a nonstick medium sauté pan with cooking spray; heat to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the shrimp and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add half of the marinade mixture to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Discard any leftover marinade.
Per serving (2 ounces): Calories 108, Fat 5 g, Monounsaturated fat 2 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Sodium 970 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 9 g
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse sending 40 youth to Washington, D.C.
- Local officials recommend alternative routes during road repairs
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Gubernatorial candidate stopped in La Crosse Sunday
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- Mild winter means uptick in mosquitoes in Wisconsin
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.