Veggie Stuffed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings
1 medium green bell pepper
½ large onion
1-2 large carrots
1-2 medium zucchini
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
8 slices artisan multi grain bread
4 (1 oz.) slices cheddar cheese
1. Wash vegetables and process in a food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, 5-10 minutes. A large electric skillet also works well.
3. Build sandwiches, using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and desired amount of vegetables.
4. Spray non-stick skillet with pan spray and grill sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Nutrition Analysis per Sandwich: 260 calories, 9g fat, 11g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 410mg sodium
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Milwaukee to bid for 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Gritty Eagles eye NCAA Tournament
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign