LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Gundersen Health System Registered Dietitian Jessica Lind shared a recipe full of summer flavors on News 8 This Morning on Monday.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Makes 8 servings
8 (8 in.) whole wheat tortillas
¼ cup canola oil
2-4 T. sugar, divided
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 cup strawberries, finely chopped
4 kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium orange, peeled and finely chopped
1 T. lemon juice (fresh or jarred)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush tortillas with oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, to taste. Cut each tortilla into wedges of six or eight using a pizza cutter and spread in a single layer over baking sheet(s). Bake at 350 degrees for five to 10 minutes, or until desired crispness is reached.
While tortilla chips are baking, prepare fruit salsa. In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add about one teaspoon of sugar and mix thoroughly. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 240 calories, 10 g fat, 5 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 160 mg sodium
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly