Lewiston, MN reports COVID-19 outbreak
LEWISTON, Minn. (WKBT) – Winona County Health and Human Services is reporting a COVID-19 outbreak in Lewiston.
Multiple cases of COVID-19 have been traced to several gatherings where individuals were in attendance during their COVID-19 infectious period and may have been contagious but were not symptomatic.
Health officials are asking anyone that was in attendance at any of the following events to get tested for COVID-19 and also quarantine for 14 days even if the test is negative:
- Sunday, July 26, 2020, an unorganized game of basketball at “Crossings” (Crossings Center, 170 S Fremont St. Lewiston, MN55952)
- Monday, July 27, 2020, football camp in the morning and basketball camp in the evening at Lewiston Altura High School
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020, football camp in the morning and basketball camp in the evening at Lewiston Altura High School
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 7 on 7’s football at Paul Giel Field in Winona.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020, Lewiston Farmer’s Market. (There is a potentially lower risk of transmission at this event)
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 Evening basketball camp at Lewiston-Altura High School.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020, an unorganized basketball game at Crossings in the City of Lewiston.
Individuals that test positive for COVID-19 are asked to speak with Winona County contact tracers.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.