La Crosse Logan High School students win Kwik Trip, Wisconsin Business World competition
MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) — A group of La Crosse Logan High School students were among the winners of two virtual competitions for students put together by Wisconsin Business World and Kwik Trip.
Tracy Bye, Bella Finch and Dayne Hoff from Logan took home the Wisconsin Business World and Kwik Trip Innovation Competition award for their taco bar idea.
“These students demonstrated their ability to confidently approach real-world business problems,” said Wisconsin Business World Director, Michelle Grajkowski. “Congratulations to the winners for going above and beyond, and thinking outside the box. We can’t wait to see how these students will grow in the future to lead Wisconsin in business innovation!”
Participants in the two virtual competitions, which were held statewide for students in grades 6-12, were asked to develop and launch a new product that could be sold in Kwik Trip stores or design a t-shirt and to develop a supply chain plan to distribute the apparel.
The winners will receive a $500 cash prize.
The other winners of the innovation competition are:
- Hezekiah Punzel from Fox Valley Lutheran High School; winning idea: bubble tea
- Kaitlyn Winningham from Merrill High School; winning idea: a donut topping dispenser
The winners of the Wisconsin Business World and Kwik Trip Production Competition are:
- Jeeyoon-Becca Lee and Emma Liebzeit from Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Austin Kerbs and Adam Schmoeker from Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- Aidan Nytes from Kimberly High School
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.