La Crosse firefighter injured in kitchen fire
Crews contained fire to area of the kitchen stove
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — A kitchen fire at 1314 Denton Street in La Crosse Thursday morning injured a firefighter and sent a resident to the hospital.
La Crosse firefighters said when they arrived on scene, they saw smoke coming from the home and immediately helped an occupant get out of the house.
Another crew put out the fire, which was contained to the area of the kitchen stove.
The La Crosse resident was transported to a local hospital and one firefighter was injured at the scene. He was treated at a local hospital as well.