La Crosse County records 162 new COVID-19 cases Friday, crossing the 7,000 threshold
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — There were 162 new COVID-19 cases recorded Friday in La Crosse County, bringing the total to more than 7,000 since the pandemic began.
Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported that La Crosse County has had a total of 7,081 cases of the coronavirus since March. The seven-day average for the county is 128.14 new cases per day.
New La Crosse County cases include:
- Five children under age 9;
- Twelve people aged 10-19;
- Twenty-six people in their 20s;
- Thirty-six people in their 30s;
- Fifteen people in their 40s;
- Twenty-two people in their 50s;
- Twenty-one people in their 60s;
- Twelve people in their 70s;
- Eleven people in their 80s; and,
- Two people in their 90s.
Wisconsin reported an additional 6,473 cases Friday, bringing the statewide total to 344,945.
An additional 78 Wisconsinites have died, bringing the total to 2,954.
Seventy-seven percent of cases in the state have recovered.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.