La Crosse County crosses 10,000 mark for COVID-19 cases
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — La Crosse County has crossed the 10,000 COVID-19 case threshold after it recorded 131 new cases Thursday, according to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
The new cases make the total number in the county 10,125. DHS reported 180 negative tests Thursday.
New cases include:
- Six people under age 9;
- Twenty people aged 10-19;
- Twenty-nine people in their 20s;
- Twenty-nine people in their 30s;
- Twenty people in their 40s;
- Nine people in their 50s;
- Ten people in their 60s;
- Five people in their 70s; and,
- Three people in their 80s.
There were no additional deaths reported Thursday. Fifty-seven people in La Crosse County have died of the virus.
Statewide, DHS recorded 3,810 new cases, bringing the total number of positive cases to 481,102. The state agency reported that an additional 41 people have died, bringing the total to 4,859 Wisconsinites dead of the virus.
Another 143 people were hospitalized.