La Crosse County campgrounds ordered closed due to COVID-19
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) – La Crosse County campgrounds must remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Director of the La Crosse County Health Department Jen Rombalski issued the order in an effort to reduce additional risk of community spread of the virus. The order, made today, Monday, April 6, will be in effect as long as Governor Evers’ Safer at Home emergency order #12 is in effect.
Rombalski cited the following reasons for the action:
1. Draw people from outside of our county to be in our county (increasing population)
2. Encourage non-essential travel
3. Increase shopping at local stores in our county for supplies and groceries
4. Allow for congregating of groups greater than 10
5. Reduce the ability to properly social distance, especially in communal locations in campgrounds (e.g., bathrooms)
Rombalski stressed that now is the time to assure that actions are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in La Crosse County. Community cooperation with all Safer at Home Emergency orders in our county should reduce disease transmission and return our county to normal routines sooner rather than later.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.