Holmen home destroyed by fire, cat unaccounted for
HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) — A town of Holland home was destroyed Sunday and a cat is missing; however, a family of four was able to safely make it out of a house fire thanks to working smoke detectors, according to authorities.
The Holmen Area Fire Department was dispatched at just after 12 a.m. Sunday for a report of a dryer fire at N7007 Sunrise Lane. They arrived within 15 minutes to find the upper level of the home and garage fully engulfed in flame.
Holmen attacked the front of the fire and fire crews from Onalaska, La Crosse and Campbell attacked from the sides and rear.
The family of four who lived in the home were alerted to the fire due to working smoke detectors and evacuated. As of Monday evening, their five-year-old black cat Onyx was unaccounted for.
No responders were injured during the fire and they cleared the scene shortly after 5 a.m.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.