Highway 74 bridge reopens north of Whitewater State Park
ELBA, Minn. (WKBT) – The Highway 74 bridge replacement project was completed ahead of schedule on June 30.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the detour between Weaver and north of Elba has ended as well.
The Highway 74 bridge north of Elba was replaced by Icon Constructors.
MnDOT crews maintained social distancing practices while working on the project.
The MnDOT reminds motorists that when in a work zone to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.