LA CROSSE, Wis., (WKBT) - Cases of the flu are continuing to fall, both across the country and locally.
Gundersen Health System in La Crosse has not seen any flu-related hospitalizations yet in March.
The hospital is also seeing fewer flu-confirmed cases in its clinics this week.
Mayo Clinic Health System also saw a decline, with cases falling to less than half of last week's nine cases.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention today reported national cases are falling as well, but 21 states are still seeing high rates of the virus. Wisconsin and Minnesota are not among those 21 states.
Health providers are still recommending people get the flu shot.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school