LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic hospital in La Crosse was given the highest quality rating possible by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The hospital received a five-star rating.
More than 3,500 hospitals were assessed nationwide and fewer than 300 were given the five-star rating.
Mayo Clinic Health System leaders says the high rating wouldn't be possible without its hardworking staff.
"We owe it to our dedicated staff. They're terrific and they take great care of our patients putting the needs of the patient first," said Paul Mueller, Regional Vice President for Mayo Clinic Health System Southwest Wisconsin.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services rated each hospital based on mortality, safety of care, readmissions, patient experience, effectiveness of care, timeliness of care, and efficient use of medical imaging.
Mayo clinic was also named one of the "Most Wired," hospitals according to a survey by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, meaning the hospital is at the forefront of using health care IT to improve care delivery.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse Firefighters head to Madison to help grieving first responders
- Central's Davis twins commit to Wisconsin
- About 1,000 dead trout have collected from a creek after manure spill
- Run/walk honoring Jesse Parker ends, but dream that inspired it lives on
- Area run/walk raises awareness and support to prevent veteran suicides
- Deke Slayton Museums celebrates 20 years of sharing space history
- There's dancing and fun with firefighters in Galesville
- Area farmers cook up breakfast for the community
- Onalaska Fire Department celebrates 125 years of serving community
- La Crosse fire department welcomes two new firefighters