SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - After more than a year of construction, people in Sparta have a brand new place to go to cover all of their medical needs.
Gundersen Health System opened its new clinic on West Wisconsin Street Monday. The 35,000-square foot facility combines Gundersen's family medicine, vision and behavioral health clinics under one roof.
They're also expanding their services to include physical therapy and cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation at the new location.
Clinic manager David Campbell says the new facility is all about improving the experience for both patients and staff.
"We put them all together for convenience of our patients. We also had outgrown the space, and so we've expanded our exam rooms to make them more convenient, we have a family exam room, we have one for geriatrics that has an overhead lift, so we've tried to make it far more convenient for our patients as well as for our staff," said Campbell.
Gundersen will be hosting a public open house for the new clinic on Saturday, February 4th from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled