LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Several recent cases of E. coli are concerning some residents of the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse County Health Department is currently investigating eight reported cases of E. coli in the county. The strain found in our area is known to cause diarrhea, potentially hospitalizing young children.
The Health Department says good hygiene is one of the best and easiest things you can do to prevent an E. coli infection.
"Good hand washing after using the bathroom, good hand washing after changing diapers, good hand washing before preparing food, and good hand washing after coming in from outside are all those hand hygiene things that we would recommend that people do,” said La Crosse County Health Department Health Education Manager Paula Silha.
The La Crosse County Health Department is still investigating eight reports of E. coli in the La Crosse area.
You can find symptoms and additional resources at the La Crosse County Health Department's website.
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Wisconsin relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Minneapolis improves connectivity to prepare for Super Bowl