LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Several recent cases of E. coli are concerning some residents of the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse County Health Department is currently investigating eight reported cases of E. coli in the county. The strain found in our area is known to cause diarrhea, potentially hospitalizing young children.
The Health Department says good hygiene is one of the best and easiest things you can do to prevent an E. coli infection.
"Good hand washing after using the bathroom, good hand washing after changing diapers, good hand washing before preparing food, and good hand washing after coming in from outside are all those hand hygiene things that we would recommend that people do,” said La Crosse County Health Department Health Education Manager Paula Silha.
The La Crosse County Health Department is still investigating eight reports of E. coli in the La Crosse area.
You can find symptoms and additional resources at the La Crosse County Health Department's website.
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.
- Wisconsin researchers study genetic screening for Amish
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- 3 Minnesota prison officers resign after colleague killed
- Company celebrates 150 years in Coulee Region
- Volunteers provide food, care also in wake of Iowa tornadoes