(CNN) - Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of WGN America's "Dog's Most Wanted," is being monitored after a medical incident over the weekend, a representative for the TV star tells CNN.
"I can confirm Dog is under doctor's care and is resting comfortably," a representative for Chapman said in a statement, following reports he'd experienced a heart-related emergency. "Thank you for all of your well wishes- keep 'em coming."
When asked to clarify the nature of Chapman's medical issue, the representative did not immediately respond.
Chapman became known to television audiences via "Dog the Bounty Hunter," a reality TV series that aired from 2004-2012. His late wife, Beth Chapman, starred alongside him on both his current and former series until her death in June.
Beth Chapman, 51, died after battling throat cancer.
They had been married since 2006 and raised 12 children together, some from prior relationships.
- Person rescued after falling through thin ice in Monroe County
- Pence to visit Wisconsin, Indiana next week
- UPDATE: Rose Street fire was condemned property
- NFL moves Green Bay-San Francisco into prime time on Nov. 24
- DNA on discarded cigarette leads to homicide charges
- Report: Wisconsin taxes have dropped over past 2 decades
- GET breaks ground on new performing arts center
- Rotary Lights president helping light up Riverside Park for 25th year
- Green Island Tennis and Pickleball Project preview
- Local economists look to add childcare services to Coulee region to attract more workers