LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic's Fall Community Forum focused on how to treat and prevent sports injuries.
The focus of discussion was the prevention of ACL injuries. Researchers spoke on how to prevent these injuries as well as which athletes may be at a greater risk for sports injuries.
Presenters spoke about how recent research affects patients here in the La Crosse Community.
Timothy Hewett, Ph.D., Director of the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Research Center, says this forum can help local sports medicine advance their treatment plans when sports injuries do occur.
Hewett explains, "we don't want this to be a scientist only enterprise, we want to be assistants and innovators and mobilizers of this, but on the flip-side, people are really going make the difference in the community."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- River Valley VA Clinic relocating to Valley View Mall
- Police: Arcadia business evacuated due to chemical spill
- Witnesses called in homicide trial of Erik Sackett
- City of La Crosse releases proposed 2020 Operating Budget
- Shady Kate's and Kate's Pizza Amore restaurants close
- Mayo Clinic Health System dedicates cancer center
- Salvation Army's Angel Giving Tree, Christmas food baskets open for registration
- U.S. Census Bureau needs takers for adequate counting
- Rose Street close north of Monitor Street in La Crosse for sewer repair
- $250,000 upgrades to dental spaces for Western Technical College