Gundersen updates visitor guidelines
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) – Gundersen Health System updated its visitor restrictions at its La Crosse and affiliate hospitals and clinics amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Gundersen’s visitor guidelines, effective Monday, allow one visitor/support person is allowed per patient, per day for the hospitalization. Visitors must be ages 12 and older.
- The patient or spokesperson will designate the support person.
- Visitors should stay home if they are ill or have traveled. They will be asked specific questions regarding health and travel before they are given access to floors.
- Visitors are required to wear a visitor badge available at the information desk from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Some hospital units/ambulatory care areas may implement further restrictions at their discretion.
- Exceptions include end-of-life, interpreter and pediatric situations to be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Keep the length of visits to a minimum.
- Before and after visiting a patient, wash your hands with soap and water for 30 seconds or rub your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for 15 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and then dispose of the tissue. Use your shirt sleeve, not your hands, if no tissue is available.
- Call patients with your well wishes instead of visiting in person.
- Visitor restrictions are temporary and may change as Gundersen monitors the COVID-19 situation locally, regionally and nationally.
- If you are sick and need care, call the hospital before you come in.
- Call your primary care provider.
Clinic visitor guidelines:
- New restriction limits each patient to one support person at clinic appointments.
- Visitors are asked to stay home if they are ill or have traveled.
- Visitors are asked to drop off and pick up patients instead of waiting inside the clinic.
- Do not visit if you are sick.
Patients can call telephone nurse advisers 24 hours a day at (608) 775-4454 or (800) 858-1050.
Gundersen will update conditions at COVID-19.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.