FSC, Aging and Disability Resource Center to co-sponsor series for caregivers
LA CROSSE, Wis. – The Franciscan Spirituality Center in La Crosse and the Aging and Disability Resource Center of La Crosse County are co-sponsoring a new series designed to support caregivers.
“Refresh and Renew: A Caregiver Series” will meet in person, once a month, initially at the FSC’s temporary space at River Crossing Square at 500 Second St. S., Suite 201, and later in the fall at 920 Market St.
FSPA Sister Sarah Hennessey will lead the first session, “Mindfulness Practices,” from 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 8. The session will include a guided meditation that focuses on breathing, a body scan and visualization.
Other sessions include:
- “Restorative Yoga,” Oct. 13, with Bernice Olson-Pollack.
- “Creating Moments of Joy,” Nov. 10, with FSPA Sister Rose Elsbernd.
- “A Singing Bowls Experience,” Dec. 8, with Tom Roberts.
- “Art as Prayer,” Jan. 12, with Mary Thompson.
- “Coffee and Conversation,” Feb. 9, with Steve Spilde.
- “Walking the Labyrinth,” March 9, with Jean Pagliaro.
Sessions are free, but registration is required at the FSC’s website www.FSCenter.org or (608) 791-5295. Participants may attend any or all of the sessions.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.