Fire at La Crosse bar & grill ruled unintentional
Most probable cause: unattended cooking on stove top
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — The La Crosse Fire Department ruled Monday’s fire at the Railyard Bar & Grill as unintentional.
The fire destroyed the restaurant and four apartments on the second floor at 424 Copeland Ave/508 Island Street on the city’s north side.
The Fire Department said the fire started in an apartment with the most probable cause being unattended cooking on the stove top.
The call came in just before 10 p.m. on Monday. The building was torn down on Tuesday.
The Red Cross assisted displaced residents with lodging, financial assistance, and personal items.