Fire and EMS ‘Explorer’ program launching in La Crosse County
The group will meet twice a month.
LA CROSSE CO., Wis. (WKBT) – The La Crosse County Fire Officers Association, along with area fire departments, are forming a new Explorer Program
The program will combine hands-on activities and interactions with industry professionals.
It starts in October.
The group will meet twice a month through May of next year.
“We’re hoping that this can help roll from the explorer program into the entry level program for the seniors and then into the colleges,” said West Salem Fire Department Training officer Captain Scott Johnson.
There are two upcoming open houses.
The first is October 20th at the West Salem Fire Department.
The second is October 23rd at La Crosse Fire Department’s station three.
More details area available here.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- Catholic Charities holding supply drive for Afghan refugees
- City of Winona enacts mask mandate, citizens react
- Richland Center mom says she doesn’t want her kids being “fearful” of COVID this school year
- River Point District in La Crosse continues to see progress
- VA Report: Mismanagement of patient care at Tomah VA contributed to death
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.