Everyone Votes ‘Rally for Justice’ event scheduled
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — The Everyone Votes “Rally for Justice for Women, People of Color, Immigrants, the LGBTQ Community and Environmental Justice” is this Sunday, October 14 at Copeland Park.
The event encourages early voting with on-site registration provided by the League of Women Voters of the La Crosse Area and the Driftless Voter Coalition. Early voting begins Monday, October 15 at City Hall.
Live music will be provided by The Mayfield Experience, Fathead Steve’s food truck will be serving food and the following is the list of speakers:
Speakers 1:10-1:50 (order tentative; time approximate)
1. Jane Klekamp, UU Fellowship of La Crosse, on the “Me Too” Movement
2. Richard Breaux, UW-L Department of Racial & Ethnic Studies
3. Sister Eileen McKenzie, FSPA, on Sex Trafficking
4. Wale Elegbede, LISSN (La Crosse’s Muslim advocacy network)
5. Alesha Schandelmeier, Exec. Dir., The Center 7 Rivers LGBTQ Connection
6. Kathy Allen, Sierra Club & Citizens’ Climate Lobby
7. Keynote: Marissa Ocampo, Youth Organizer, ACLU Wisconsin
***Break 1:50-2:10 Time for, registering, networking, learning, and music***
Speakers 2:10-2:50 (order tentative; time approximate)
1. Molly Hilligoss, Welcoming America (national immigrant advocacy group)
2. Members, FEM (Central High School Feminism Club)
3. Shaundel Spivey, President, BLACK (Black activist association)
4. Tracy Littlejohn, Ho-Chunk Nation
5. Maggie Xiong, Social Justice Director, Cia Siab (Hmong community association)
6. Rebecca Schwarz, Advocacy Director, La Crosse YWCA
7. Wrap-up: Vince Hatt, LISSN & Citizens’ Climate Lobby
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.