Body of man found on interstate in Sauk County
LAKE DELTON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin State Patrol says the death of a man whose body was found on Interstate 90/94 in Sauk County is under investigation.
Authorities were notified shortly after midnight Friday that there was a person down in the eastbound lanes of the interstate near Lake Delton. State troopers and emergency responders arrived and found the 20-year-old man had died. Investigators are trying to determine what happened.
The State Patrol, Lake Delton police and Sauk County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating. The eastbound lanes were closed for about five hours.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- City of La Crosse has a plan how to distribute $11 million worth of American Rescue Plan Act funds
- Task Force McCoy: One case of measles, less than 24 cases of COVID among Afghans
- West Salem veteran inviting others to join September 11th Memorial Walk
- Photos: New images from Fort McCoy show donations, screening of Afghan refugees
- La Crosse Vietnam veterans ready for Freedom Honor Flight to Washington D.C.
COPYRIGHT 2021 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.