Blain’s Farm & Fleet in Onalaska evacuated after smell of natural gas
ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) — Customers and staff were evacuated from Blain’s Farm and Fleet in Onalaska Wednesday morning after a customer thought they smelled natural gas.
A small amount of natural gas was found in the air at the store, but the Onalaska Fire Department says a forklift leaking propane caused most of the problems. The Department Chief said some of those evacuated complained about feeling ill.
Three people were treated by Tri-State Ambulance and no one was taken to the hospital.
The leaking forklift was removed from the building before it was turned back over to store management and it re-opened at about 1:30 p.m.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.