UPDATE: Four found slain in Dunn County cornfield were from Twin Cities area
MENOMONIE, Wis. (WKBT) — The Dunn County Sheriff’s Office released the names of four people, all from the Twin Cities area, who were shot to death and found in an abandoned SUV in a cornfield in Sheridan Township.
Sheriff Kevin Bygd said the two men and two women are:
- Matthew Isiah Pettus, 26, of Saint Paul, Minn.
- Loyace Foreman III, 35, of St. Paul
- Jasmine Christine Sturm, 30, of St. Paul
- Nitosha Lee Flug-Presley, 30, of Stillwater, Minn.
A 911 caller on Sunday alerted Dunn County deputies to the black SUV off a rural road in the Town of Sheridan, about 100 miles northwest of La Crosse.
The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office did autopsies on the four victims Monday, and he preliminary examination shows that all died from gunshot wounds, Bygd said late Tuesday afternoon.
“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of these victims. I wish we could release more details of our investigation but we have to balance the public’s desire to know the details with running the risk of harming our investigation and losing evidence for building a good homicide case,” said Bygd, who said they don’t appear to have a connection to the area.
No arrests have been announced.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- ‘Freedom is not free’: 25th Freedom Honor Flight brings appreciation to La Crosse Vietnam War veterans
- La Crosse’s ‘Hatched Baby’ face has been found
- Jackson County deputies arrest woman in man’s death
COPYRIGHT 2021 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.