American Red Cross, Team Rubicon taking donations and volunteers for Afghan refugees at Fort McCoy
FORT MCCOY, Wis. (WKBT) — The American Red Cross and Team Rubicon are joining other groups in helping the Afghan refugees at Fort McCoy, according to a release from the base.
“There has been a generous outpouring of support from the local community asking for ways to help the vulnerable Afghans being welcomed and temporarily sheltered here at Fort McCoy,” said the base on Facebook. “While the American Red Cross is aggressively working to meet the immediate needs of our growing population, there are many things the local community can do to help.”
The base linked to the American Red Cross donation page as well as the Team Rubicon page to volunteer to help.
The Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse is also providing assistance through donations and a gift registry set up through Amazon.
- Gov. Evers visits Fort McCoy for update on operations, shares webpage for helping refugees
- Catholic Charities holding supply drive for Afghan refugees
- New Video of the first group of Afghan refugees arriving at Volk Field
- Members of Wisconsin GOP visit Fort McCoy and give high praise to leaders
- Department of Defense releases pictures of Fort McCoy as the Monroe County military installation is housing Afghan refugees
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.