Activists hold art gathering for climate action
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) – Combating climate change was the focus of a community gathering in La Crosse.
Members of Citizen Action Wisconsin and Wisconsin Conservation Voters met at Western Technical College.
La Crosse Mayor Reynolds was also there.
Organizers say it’s time to act on climate-friendly legislation.
“Right here in the midwest, we’re seeing flooding, we’re seeing drought, it’s affecting our farmlands and our local agriculture … Folks should keep an eye out for that and see how that’s affecting each of our lives because climate change is here,” says Abby Ross, the Western Wisconsin Organizer for Wisconsin Conservation Voters.
Activists worked together on a banner and painted messages on river rocks.
Those will be presented to Representative Ron Kind’s office in support of President Biden’s Build Back Better agenda.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- Catholic Charities holding supply drive for Afghan refugees
- City of Winona enacts mask mandate, citizens react
- Richland Center mom says she doesn’t want her kids being “fearful” of COVID this school year
- River Point District in La Crosse continues to see progress
- VA Report: Mismanagement of patient care at Tomah VA contributed to death
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.